Monday, November 19, 2007

At Last, or, The Sweet Serenity of Finishing

Thing 23. At last.



Again. At last I've gotten to Thing 23! With 25 minutes before my self-imposed deadline left!

I was right in my first estimation, I had to do most all of it at home. Kudos to everyone else who actually found time at work to complete all 23 things.

I had fun. I already knew about most of the sites/programs that we explored, but those that I didn't know about this was a great way to get to know them (Rollyo) and get familiar with using them (a blog).

Some ideas I really want to try to implement (a department blog, videos and photos of the library a la YouTube and Flicker for special needs kids) and this training has been a big help. I like that most everyone else in the system has done it too. Now we will share this new 2.0 lingo with each other, and, perhaps most importantly, with our customers.

Would I do it again? Sure. Would I realize how much time it takes me to decide on silly details like a blog name or what video to post and plan accordingly? Definitely. Would I make sure that my staff had more time to complete it so we weren't all getting stressed here towards the end? Obviously.

But rather than planning and/or completing another training, I'd prefer to see us put that effort to work on implementing what we've learned here.

Good night.

1 comment:

Beth Mitchell said...

Elisabeth,
I am finishing on the extended deadline, and I've been reading other folks' No. 23, before launching into mine.
Thanks for being my "supervisor" and helping me get into this monster.
I am looking forward to sleep when I get off the desk today at 1.
Great site!
Beth