For Thing 5 I've been perusing Flicker. I decided to search for the title of a favorite book, A Wrinkle in Time. What fun images came up! Not only do I now know that people who have Wrinkle on their bookshelves are as eclectic as the book's characters, but that to some (who obviously haven't read it), a 'wrinkle' in time is synonymous with a moment in time and the images that they tag with this phrase are iconic snapshots of life, landscape and elephants.
I also had fun just exploring. I've been raised to be friendly with those you meet, but fiercely protective of your privacy with those you don't know. All of this social software, like Flicker, is new and seems to defy any rule I know. Be friendly and open? Be private? How to compromise? I'm still figuring it out. For now, as much as I admire and enjoy Flicker, my photos aren't going to be shared. Please don't be devastated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think the web can afford you privacy if you use it correctly. Don't use your real name or give your exact location (e.g. don't say Columbia, MD but Maryland or Mid-Atlantic region) - give as much or as little as you like but don't give out too many details. Hope you enjoy!
Post a Comment